Why doesn't appear the story points for estimation my effort in tasks and issues??

Ricardo Gómez April 7, 2020

Jira-StoryPoints.pngCan't use story point because doesn't appear the option in my issues and tasks.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2020

Hi @Ricardo Gómez  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you go to your Board Settings (top right of page ...) and then select Card Layout, you can add fields like story points.

Best regards,
Bill

Ricardo Gómez April 7, 2020

I can see that with the type TASKS can't see story point but then use HISTORY as the issue type, the Story Point appear. Is it normal?

Can't use Story Point in TASKS type issues?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2020

I am not familiar with a History issue type.  Where are you seeing that?

For the other issue types, such as Task, I think that story point is available.  If you are not seeing it, please have your system admin check the field scheme to make it available.  It could also be missing from the specific screen scheme.

Your administrator may find it helpful to try the Admin Helper functions.  These tools can help solve several of the more commonly occurring issues, like field visibility.  Please see this article for more information:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/jira-admin-helper-818578850.html

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events