Why does the "release" action change the fix version on completed items?

Daniel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 14, 2022

I have versions setup for my project.  I assign a fix version for each issue in the sprint.  Supposedly according to JIRA's instructions to "Release a version":

1. On the Versions screen, hover over the relevant version to display the cog icon, then select Release from the drop-down menu.

I see:

This release contains XX unresolved issues .

Unresolved issues*Move unresolved issues to

I select where I want to move unresolved issues to as it suggests.

I click "release", yet it also moved all the issues that are done.

2 answers

0 votes
Ivan Nikolov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 20, 2023

@Danieljust saw your question and you may have already found a resolution but in case not, the issue seems to be that the filed 'Resolution' is not updated hence even if the issues are marked with f.e., 'Done', they still appear as unresolved and when releasing the version, it moves all issues, even if some are in f.e., 'Done' status.

In short - update the "Resolution' filed to solve this.

Hope this helps!
BR/Ivan

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2022

@Daniel Welcome to the Atlassian community

Is this release already released?  If it has not been released you should see a release button.  When you click the release button you should have the option to move them at that time.   

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events