Why does the flagged field apply to team-managed Jira software projects?

Laura Bennett April 27, 2023

When I create team-managed software projects I notice that the issue screen contains the 'Flagged' field which comprises of two checkboxes, 'Swarm' and 'Impediment'.

My team don't have a use for this field but, from what I understand, this field can't be removed or the checkbox options changed.

While this is frustrating, I am willing to accept it if I can understand the rationale behind its inclusion. Can anyone provide insights on why this field is included in team-managed projects?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2023

The Flagged field is a nice feature that allows teams to identify their blockers at any point in the workflow.  This field is also available on boards for company-managed projects.

Basically the idea is that once the team identifies that an issue is blocked, the Flagged field visually indicates on the board that the blocked issue requires attention.  This could mean that the Scrum Master may need to identify help from outside to remedy the blockage, or the entire team drops whatever they're doing to "swarm" and solve the issue.

Hope this helps.

Laura Bennett April 27, 2023

Thanks for answering. Though in company-managed projects the field can be added or exclude based on whether the team want to use the feature. Do you know why its mandatory only in team-managed projects?

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2023

@Laura Bennett , Flagging an issue in a company-managed project doesn't use a field.  You set the flag on the board issue or on the backlog by selecting the Add Flag option.

On my cloud instance, I see the same behavior on theam-managed projects. The only difference is a locked field with contexts to my team-managed projects.  My guess is how flagging an issue had to be implemented in team-managed projects and I'm happy to leave enough alone.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events