Why does Project Category change when the Project Lead changes

Jeanie Schwenk December 2, 2019

When a user in another department changes the Project Lead to another person in his group, the Project Category becomes blank. 

When he assigned to another person, it is clearly labeled as a "Photo Project" Category but it is grayed out.  Once it is saved, the Category is blank.

Does anyone know how to correct this?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2019

Hi Jeanie,

I was testing this out.  As a site-admin account I can't reproduce the problem. But when I login as an account that is not a Jira site-admin, I was able recreate this exact problem as well.  It seems that only a Jira Admin can set the project category, but even so I would not expect that a non-admin account changing the lead would blank this category field out, but it clearly does. 

I searched our public bug tracker and I came across an open bug for this over in JRACLOUD-67434 - Editing Project Details Removes Project Category.  I would recommend watching that ticket for updates.  It is an unfortunate problem to see.

Sorry I don't have a solution here yet, but at least we are tracking this problem.

Cheers,

Andy

Suggest an answer