Why does History show "Invalid Date" in the new issue view?

Vincent Fiestada February 17, 2021

Entries in the issue's "History" tab show "Invalid Date" when the new Jira issue view is enabled (Personal Jira Settings > Jira Labs > New Jira issue view). After going back to the old view, dates are displayed properly again.

1. Is this a known bug?
  2. Is there a workaround without going back to the old issue view?

8 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2021

Hello, folks!

Thank you for bringing that up.

We're currently facing a global issue in Jira application that is causing the date field to be displayed as "Invalid date" in the history tab of the issues. The root cause of the problem was already identified and we'll let you know as soon as we finish the deployment of the fix to Jira prod environment. 

Thanks!

Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Thank you for this information! Very helpful! Would be helpful though if this was reflected in https://status.atlassian.com/ as it still shows no issues. This type of global issue, I believe, constitutes an incident and that is what I know I go to status.atlassian.com to check on before submitting a ticket. Just want to know I can rely on the tools being provided or if I am not understanding the tools.

Like # people like this
Chirag Bhatt February 18, 2021

Agree completely with @Russell Zera 

Bryan Urakawa February 18, 2021

This is highly impactful to how we use Jira. @Petter Gonçalves Why isn't this listed as an incident?  

Like # people like this
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2021

Hello everybody!

Just a quick heads-up: Our dev team has deployed the fix to all Jira prod environments, so now this problem should not be happening anymore. 

About the status page update, we're currently investigating why it was not updated with this incident at the time it was first identified. We understand the importance of keeping our Statuspage updated, as it is one of the most relevant communication channels to let our customers know about recent application incidents and bugs.

For now, we've updated the status page with the incident description for future reference:

https://jira-software.status.atlassian.com/ 

If you are still facing the problem above, try to clear your browser cache and access it from an incognito browser window. If the problem persists, please let us know in this same thread and we will properly troubleshoot case-by-case.

Thanks!

Piotr Flisikowski March 26, 2021

Petter Gonçalves I am using  safari Version 13.1.2 (15609.3.5.1.3) and created at and updated at is invalid. I think this is browser issue because it works in google chrome. Can somebody look into this? 
Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 4.07.06 PM.png

Like Cagatay Karakaya likes this
jbennett_lifevantage March 30, 2021

@Petter Gonçalves Seeing the same issue (Invalid Dates) in Safari 13.1.1 in the issue details and the search autocomplete window. I tried deleting cache and opening the page in a private window.

Like Piotr Flisikowski likes this
1 vote
Scott Fannen February 18, 2021

I've logged a call - currently just a service desk call so I can't share the number yet.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

thanks Scott. please post the results here when you have something.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2021
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2021

i have heard the following "We are having a global issue (HOT) causing this behavior in some sites. Our Dev team is currently deploying the fix and will let us know as soon as the deployment is finished."

0 votes
Sheldon February 18, 2021

We are having the same problem

0 votes
JoseRoberto.Vargas February 18, 2021

Same problem here. 

Any updates @Petter Gonçalves ?

0 votes
juan February 18, 2021

I have the same problem, i tried and check the format in the advanced configuration but its all ok, so I supose the proble is the global issue. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2021

I suggest reporting to Atlassian Support and have them investigate 

0 votes
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2021

Hi @Vincent Fiestada,

I can't seem to reproduce this on my Jira Cloud instance. Did you change any default DateTime format on your instance? You can find the settings under System > Look and feel
image.png

These are the default settings. Perhaps, you can try to revert back the settings to see if it works.

Couldn't see anything under JRACLOUD-70555 - could be a new bug if this is the case.

mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2021

And yea, before changing the existing DateTime format, you might want to take note of the existing settings so that you can re-apply the settings.

Deleted user February 18, 2021

It is also bad on our cloud subscription. I've checked the response for the history view and contains the timestamp value for each item in the list. It looks like to me it is more of a rendering bug.

0 votes
Gavin Jolley February 18, 2021

Hi,

This has also happened to us, any news?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders