Why do old tickets on a closed sprint appear on a filter that doesn't include that sprint?

Hamza Badri June 8, 2022

A simple filter made by one of our users that includes the current active sprint (PI#5) , shows me the current issues and the right result. The exact same filter shows the user the current issues + Old issues included in an old sprint that is finished. Do you have an idea how to fix this for my user so issues from older sprints are not shown? Here it is: (type = Story AND Sprint = "PI#5" AND project = "XXXX" ORDER BY key ASC

P.S: All issues that show for him are finished and resolved, and I don't see why they appear in this sprint while they are not part of it.

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2022

Check to see if there are sub-tasks on those closed tickets, if there are still open ones it can cause some weird results. Best to close them or convert them to regular issues.

You should also check to see if those tickets have more than one sprint assigned to them - which is what I often find when it comes to using the named sprint query.

It's also possible to exclude closedsprints (sprint not in closedSprints() ) if you can't figure out why it's breaking.

Suggest an answer