Why do fields get greyed out in advanced roadmaps when filtering?

Jade Melcher June 16, 2021

Does anyone know why issues are greyed out in advanced roadmaps when filtering issue details? our leadership team has concerns with this and it has caused confusion with stakeholders.

Without filter:

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 2.41.21 PM.png

With filter:

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 2.41.12 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

It looks to me like they're greyed out to stop you trying to click on them when they might not be valid for the filters you are about to start defining on the right-hand side.

Jade Melcher June 22, 2021

Yes, I think in other words if the fields don't match the filter exactly, but are children, they will be displayed but greyed out. A workaround would be to include a key of some sort in all children. 

Like # people like this
Robert Synofzik September 8, 2021

Good point and exactly the answer I needed. Thanks!

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Bev Feierbacher February 7, 2024

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I tried the workaround using labeling and still seeing the greyed out "children" that match none of my filters for the ones I truly want to show. 

Any other suggestions than using labeling? Note: this is not a source issue, I just don't want to see the children (even in a greyed out format) if they do not match the filters (including the label I used) for the specific "view".

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events