Why cant I see my statuses ?

Dan Pastore May 24, 2022

I recently created 3 new statuses and mapped them to a workflow. Each status has also been mapped to a column within my Kanban board. Although everything appears to be mapped, transitioned, and published properly, I am still unable to see the statuses in the drop down of an issue screen.

Can someone shed some light as to what I could be missing?

Dan

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

Hey Dan,

Are you positive the new workflow is attached to the project you are trying to create an issue against? 

And what is the method you are using to create the issues? What exact steps? 

Dan Pastore May 24, 2022

Hi John,

Thanks for response ! I believe it is. As I make any changes to the workflow, I ensure they are published as well. In addition to that, I ensure the workflow is associated with the project (including the recent changes)

Im not sure what you mean by "what is the method used to create issues". No changes from what is originally provided...

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

Ah, I think I know what you mean. You have created an issue already. But after you have created it, you want to change the Issue Type using the dropdown. Does that sound correct? 

If so, you cannot change to a different Issue Type that way if the Issue Types use different workflows. You have to use the Move function. 

Dan Pastore May 24, 2022

Im not sure I follow... as we use the standard issue types, such as Epics, Story, Subtasks, Bugs, and defects. For any of these issue types, we may associate them with different status (such as To Do, Dev In Progress, Integration In progress, Done). I am trying to add additional statuses , for example Cancelled, On Hold or Analyze , to this project... but they are not appearing in the list box of an issue

Jira Status.JPG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2022

If you have already added the statuses to the workflow, did you Publish the workflow? A lot of people miss that step. 

Dan Pastore May 24, 2022

I confirmed my changes were published

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2022

Hi @Dan Pastore 

You confirmed that you published your workflow changes.  Have you also confirmed that the workflow is active (included in the project)?

Kind regards,
Bill

Dan Pastore May 24, 2022

Hi Bill

Yes I did. 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2022

Thanks, Dan...and my bad: the project can see these new status values if you were able to map them to the board.

I just looked in the public backlog and didn't see this symptom.  The only other things I can think are to re-check if there is a transition problem in the workflow, or even some data caching issue in the browser (although that would be weird for status).

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2022

Another thing to check is the transitions to those statuses to see if they are available from the current status of the issue and that there are not any conditions that might be preventing them from showing up. 

Dan Pastore May 24, 2022

Thank you ! I didnt think about browser caching. Also, I will re-check the transitions. I set them up similar to how I did it in the past ( and didnt have such problems)

Dan Pastore May 26, 2022

Unfortunately , this did not work. Still seeking advice

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2022

Dan, I am out of ideas to suggest, and recommend submitting a ticket to Atlassian Support to learn what they can find.  Looks like you are the site admin for a paid license, and so can do that here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2022

Yep - with Bill on that one. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events