Why can't my users see other users in custom user picker fields?

Esther Strom December 26, 2018

In the process of moving from on-prem to Cloud. We are using managed accounts; currently I've only provided access to a handful of pilot users.

I've created three custom single user picker fields. None of them have any restrictions on them. When I create a ticket, I can see the other users as typeahead choices in those fields. My users cannot see any choices in the custom fields, but do see values when using the Assignee field.

What could I be missing that would prevent users from seeing choices in custom user picker fields?

(This is what I see; my users don't see any values.)

customFields.png

ETA that our permission scheme is set to use Application Access (Any Logged In User) for all Issue Permissions except Delete.

ETA again that this is the result of the Permission Helper for Edit Issue:

permissionIssue.pngAs far as I can tell, the atlassian-addons-project-access role exists to allow addons access to issues, not to allow users access, so I don't know what that would have to do with anything. The users also do not have any problems editing the issues in general; it's only the custom user picker fields that are the problem.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Esther Strom December 26, 2018

I found the answer; the global permission for browse users did not include jira-software-users. I don't know why that would allow my users to use the native user pickers but not the custom ones, but adding that permission to the jira-software-users group fixed the issue.

Suggest an answer