Why can't i create new subtasks on a project-managed project?

claire May 15, 2023

Why can't I create new subtasks on a project-managed project?

When I go to project settings > issue types and select Create new issue type, there is no option for a different subtask.

This stops me from using child tasks on my projects as I would like to create different types depending on the space.

I manage several spaces and don't want to have to convert them all over to company-managed to make this work.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2 answers

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2023

Hi @claire 

If by project managed projects you mean company managed projects, then in order for you to be able to create subtask issue types:

• The jira administrator should have enable subtasks in your instance
  • The jira administrator should add the subtask on your issue type scheme

If by project managed projects you mean team managed projects, then you should know that you can have only one subtask issue type. Can you confirm that you have already one issue type of type subtask? If you don't have one, then you should have the following option:

subtask.png

0 votes
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2023

Hi @claire , thanks for your question.

It's not currently possible to create multiple types of sub-tasks in team-managed projects.

Here is the suggestion to change that, [JSWCLOUD-20901] Allow the creation of Multiple Sub-task issue types in Team Managed projects - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products., which you can vote for and follow.

Cheers

Suggest an answer