Why can't I reorder the backlog items in Next-Gen projects anymore?

Deleted user March 20, 2020

Hi - all our NG projects don't allow reordering of backlog items anymore -but the Classics do. Whenever I drag an item to a new position, it snaps back. This is consistent across browsers, projects and device platforms.

I can use the "Send to top of backlog" function, but no drag/drop.

Has something generic changed in permissions recently?

Any help is appreciated

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2020

Hi Christian,
Sorry to hear about this problem.  We are tracking a very similar ranking bug in next-gen projects over in JSWCLOUD-17654. But I am not 100% this is exactly the same bug.

What I would like to do is ask that you contain one of your Atlassian Cloud site-admins and ask them to create a support request about this.  Your account can't do this, so you really do need a site-admin, billing, or technical contact to create this.  They can do this by going to

1. https://support.atlassian.com/contact
  2. Select Technical issue & bugs
  3. The choose the Cloud URL where you see this problem

I tried to recreate this problem in my own Cloud site, but so far everything has been ranking correctly for me, even in a restricted next-gen project where my account was not an admin.  So I think it's going to be need for our Cloud support team to take a closer look at your Cloud site and the specific project in question.

Regards,

Andy

Deleted user March 21, 2020

Hi Andy - thanks for the reply, however, this is a different problem.

No users (even admins) can drag and drop item, in Next-Gen backlogs. This works fine in Classic projects and has worked until recently in Newxt-Gen too.

No error is diplayed, the item just drops back to initial position.

Please is there any workaround?

Best regard Christian

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2020

Hey Christian - have you entered a support request from Andy's suggestion above?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2020

It looks like this has been resolved at some point within the last 24 hours.  The bug ticket for this was actually https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-18831 this has been marked as fixed.

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2020
0 votes
Michael R_ Wolf April 8, 2021

Is this solved?  We just migrated our inernal JIRA to the cloud, and I am surprised to hear that "prioritized backlog", such a common phrase in ALL discussions about Scrum for the last 20 years....  is NOT AVAILABLE.

Please tell me that this is fixed, and that JIRA models how the world works.  Please....

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2020

Hi Christian,

This might be a bug. I have created a support ticket with Atlassian and will let you know what they say. 

Sébastien Vassaux March 22, 2020

same issue here
also using the slider to redispatch issues in sprints does not work

Rebecca Mayes March 22, 2020

Same issue for me. I tried on the following browsers:

Chrome 79

Chrome 80

Firefox 74

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN