Why can't I move a subtask that is Done to the Complete column in JIRA

John Bacon May 17, 2022

I have a sub-task that is marked as done in its workflow, however for some reason, the subtask is staying stuck in the "Ready for Prod" column of the active sprint.  JIRA will not let me drag the sub-task to the Complete column.  I can't figure out why.

Screenshot 2022-05-17 133135.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2022

@John Bacon 

To drag the subtask to the 'Complete' column, you need to ensure that there is some subtask flow status associated with the 'Complete' column.

Especially in Sprint cases, it is recommended that "Done", "Closed", "Canceled" status be mapped within the "Done" column of the board, because this will make Jira understand that these issues have taken on some resolution.

Check for subtask flow status associated with the "Complete" column of your board, if they do and you still can't move, it could be some condition configured in the workflow and you'll need to take a look.

Hope this helps. Tell us if you have any question

John Bacon May 17, 2022

This helped.  I was able to resolve the issue by configuring the board and moving the "Done" sub-task workflow from the ready for prod column to the complete column.  After that I was able to move the sub-task.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer