Why can't I edit issues when navigating from search?

Janik Steinhauer August 28, 2017

When I search for some issues and navigate to a result by clicking on its title, I get to see the issue's details. But if I click "Edit" (or something other action button), I only get a busy indicator and nothing happens.

I noticed that this happens only when navigating from the search. In this case, the URL contains not only the issue's key, but also the id of the filter (or the jql string). As soon as I remove this additional information (bringing me to the default view without a "back to search" link etc.), editing works again.

I get the same problem when using the detail view instead of the list view in the search. I can click on all the action buttuns, but nothing happens (except for the busy indicator).

2 answers

0 votes
Janik Steinhauer September 11, 2017

Any other ideas on this problem?

Michael Walkley October 8, 2018

I'm experiencing this exact same issue. Did you ever get this resolved? 

Janik Steinhauer October 23, 2018

No, unfortunately not.

Michael Walkley October 23, 2018

Hey Janik,

I don't know if you're using a proxy as I am, but the resolution described HERE fixed the issue for me. Hope it helps.

Janik Steinhauer November 20, 2018

Hi Michael,

thank you very much for sharing your fix. It works for us as well.

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2017

Hi Janik,

• Does this happen in all browsers?

There may be something like a browser extension blocking the content from loading correctly, can you try to reproduce in an incognito window to see if the edit option loads correctly.

If the error still occurs in incognito mode you can follow the steps in Generating HAR files and Analyzing Web Requests to generate a HAR file while reproducing the error so you can see what content is being blocked.

Cheers,

Branden

Janik Steinhauer August 31, 2017

Hi Branden,

thanks for your reply.

The problem occurs in FF, IE and Chrome - both in normal and in incognito mode (so six tests, all failed).

Using the FF console, I saw that the error case generates a HTTP 400 error, bad request. The successful case (editing from the issue without filtering) does not generate such an error.

I compared the request URLs of the two cases (jira.create.issue seems to be the request type), and they are very similar. The only difference is in some of the appended parameters.

Error: -jira.navigator.kickass,-viewissue.standalone,-jira.navigator.advanced,-jira.navigator.simple

Success: -project.issue.navigator,-jira.project.sidebar

The same information is also contained in the HAR files.

Cheers,

Janik

Suggest an answer