Why can I not bulk edit subtasks?

Jenna Wilkinson April 29, 2024

When I try to bulk edit subtasks (Subtasks > Click on 3 dots > Bulk Edit) I am just getting this  Capture.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Alexis Leites April 29, 2024

Did you try another browser or an incognito window? Because it seems like something specific.

I've just tried in Chrome and it's doing the same thing for me 

Now that I'm seeing the capture better...

You have the columns in your filter configured incorrectly.

Before clicking on the three dots in your filter you have this button:

Captura de pantalla 2024-04-29 a la(s) 12.17.45 p. m..png

Check which fields you have selected in "My System"

I don't have that option in my subtasks Capture1.PNG

Do it from 'Filters'' > View all issues 

From there you can filter and make queries or select a filter that is already configured. I recommend that from there you look for the subtasks that you need to modify.

Use the option that says ''List view'' and there you will see the button to modify the columns.

Jenna Wilkinson April 30, 2024

In what view? I am trying to do this via the sprint board but even if I click into a ticket from the backlog I cannot bulk edit subtasks at the moment. I'm not sure what board filters would do to affect this 

0 votes
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2024

Hi @Jenna Wilkinson , welcome to the Atlassian Community and thanks for your question.

Have you tried using the Permission helper? If you use the . keyboard shortcut in Jira, you should be able to find the Permission helper where you should be able to troubleshoot, for example, if you have enough permission in the specific project / to the issues you are trying to do this operation with

image.png

If you can't access the Permission helper, please ask a Jira admin in your company to help.

Cheers

I have been able to bulk edit the subtasks previously and my permissions have not been changed so I don't believe this would be a permissions issue 

Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2024

Hi @Jenna Wilkinson , thanks for your feedback. 

Are you able to do the bulk change if you search for instead the Subtasks from the Filters -> View All Issues pathway? Or you don't manage in either case to be able bulk update?

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events