Why, as an administrator, can I not change my or other peoples email?

jo astley January 14, 2020

Yesterday I could change my own email, today I can't and I cannot change other peoples either. I am an administrator with the highest permissions.

email cgange .png

We cannot be in a situation where by we cannot change email addresses. We recently changed company name and therefore as such the email addresses need updating. We cannot create new users for these people because we need the paper trail on JIRA tickets/confluence docs of approvals, comments, discussions etc and I do not want those changing to 'Former user'.

Please help?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

Hi Jo - I saw this recently, too. I was able to change it within the Organization, although the user had to approve it. 

For a user that had an email outside of our Organization, I had to send a "suggestion" to the user through Jira to accept the new one. 

jo astley January 14, 2020

Thanks John. Was not aware of that area! Have managed to change the address now.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2020

Great! Yeah, I kind of stumbled onto it myself.  :-)

Suggest an answer