Why are work log entries in fixed time increments in cloud?

Bearcat M_ Şándor November 23, 2020

I just came from using jira server for about a year and I'm used to typing in, or selecting an exact time for the beginning and end of a work log. It seems that on cloud I'm restricted to half an hour or sometimes hour increments, through a drop-down instead of being able to enter a time manually with my keyboard or by moving my mouse pointer.

Is this a standard behavior? If so, why would they do this? I've had plenty of jobs where I didn't arrive on the hour, or on the half hour. So how would I be expected to record my time in those instances? It makes all of my time tracking extremely inaccurate over the span of a few weeks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2020

Hello @Bearcat M_ Şándor ,

Thanks for reaching out, and I can see how this would be impactful in certain scenarios and use cases where more granular time values are needed. 

I created the following Feature Request for follow up, please make sure to add a vote to help track interest in the feature for adding in more granular time entry options to Date Time Picker fields, and if you have the time to do so please add some feedback on the request on how this is impacting your team, as direct feedback helps out a lot for defining new features.

Regards,
Earl

Bearcat M_ Şándor November 25, 2020

Thank you Earl. I appreciate that you're looking into it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events