Why are subtasks counting on Reports?

Alvaro Avellino June 8, 2022

Hello community,

We actually have a member in the team that the subtasks from the parent tasks that he is taking is counting for statistics on reports when it doesn't happen with any other member in the team. One day suddenly reports show that he resolved a lot of tasks suddenly and it's because subtasks are just counting for him.

Any idea why could this be happening?

2 answers

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2022

Hi @Alvaro Avellino -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What problem are you trying to solve by counting completed issues by person (assignee)?  Knowing that may provide context for the community to offer ideas.

Until then...let's say everyone on the team agreed to manage their work with one issue, except one person who wants to also use subtasks.  The board filter controls built-in reporting, and so if you remove subtasks from the filter they will not appear on the reports:

project = myProjectName AND issueType != subtask ORDER BY Rank ASC

The person needing subtasks can still access them by opening up the parent issue to find/update them.

Kind regards,
Bill

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

Hi @Alvaro Avellino welcome to the Atlassian community.

I couldn't quite understand your query. May I request you to be specific and clear for better assistance!

Alvaro Avellino June 8, 2022

I'm sorry. Let's see if I can explain myself better.

In our project we work with issues that have subtasks in them. When we resolve an issue, it counts as one on our statistics of issues solved and subtasks do not count but there is one team member that the subtasks are actually counting for the statistics, for example: When he resolves an issue with 6 subtasks, on statistics it will count as 7 issues solved but for other team members it will count only as 1.

I don't know if I clarified something but thanks for your quick response @G subramanyam 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events