Why are ALL my Issues moved to Backlog including ones in current sprint?

Allan Arcilla May 9, 2017

In the backlog view for my project, all of the issues including items in the current sprint and next sprint have moved to the Backlog section?

When viewing the Sprint Board, related issues are still displayed.

When viewing a specific task/story, the Sprint field is still populated with the current sprint number.

Can you please help asap?

5 answers

1 accepted

Issue is now Resolved.

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2017
1 vote
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2017

Hi Allen,

You should check the configuration of your board and see if all statusses that you normally used are still assigned to a column of your board. If not it could be the cause of your problems.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Maarten

Btw: I've removed the urgent tag and 'URGENT' from your title as this does not help getting the correct attention to your question. If an issue like this is very urgent you should contact Atlassian Support (which is currently unavailable as you can see on status.atlassian.com)

0 votes
Laurens Meurs February 15, 2018

It also happened to us when adding a Rejected column + status to a Scrum board. But only when this new Rejected column is displayed as last column, when displaying the Done column as last the issue does not occur.

Column overview:

To Do | In Progress | Rejected | Done

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2018

Only the last column in a board is "done".  When you end a sprint, it only looks in that column for issues to close off, everything else, including your rejected column is still open and hence goes back to the backlog, or into the next sprint.

To close off your rejected items, put the rejected status in the Done column.

Laurens Meurs February 19, 2018

Ah, thank you for the explanation!

0 votes
Gonzalo Lodi May 9, 2017

I am having the same problem! And it happened today, so it has to be some Jira's problem!

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2017

Hi Gonzalo,

Please share a screenshot of your Backlog so we can see what's going on. 

Or contact Atlassian Support.

Best,

Maarten

0 votes

Thanks Maarten!

The Sprint Board is displaying all the issues as expected - there's no issue there.  I checked the settings as you suggested and all the statuses are assigned to columns.

The problem is more on the sprint Backlog view.  I have three groups in the backlog: 

1. Current Sprint

2. Next Sprint

3. Backlog (Standard group)

For some reason, ALL of the tasks including items I previously had in 1 and 2 are now showing in 3.  I checked the history on the issues that were moved and there is no log of anyone moving the tasks back to the backlog group.

I sent a customer support query to Atlassian.  hopefully they'll get to it.

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2017

Hi Allen,

Could you share a screenshot of your backlog with us as this might clarify things?

Best,

Maarten

Suggest an answer