Why am I getting a 404 Not Found error when trying to get Agile Boards via the REST API?

Sidrit Reka February 6, 2018

Hi, I'm trying to use my JIRA account's API to get a list of my Agile boards. I'm using this GET request:

GET https://correct.domain.com/rest/agile/1.0/board?maxResults=50&startAt=0

But this is giving me a 404 Not Found error. 

My JIRA version is v6.1.3

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2018

Hum, well it's rather difficult to say without more information about your environment.  The REST call you appear to be trying to make is actually part of Jira Agile.  This distinction could be important, because Agile has a different versioning scheme.  Your Jira Server is 6.1.3, but we can't tell what the version of Agile you were using then.  Our own references only show back to Agile 6.7.10 REST reference.  That endpoint looks to be valid in that version.  However I don't know what version of Agile you are using.

1. Are there other REST endpoints that are working or not working when trying to reach this site?
  2. Are you able to login to this Jira instance and confirm that you can access the Jira Agile boards in question via your web browser?  

If Jira is started, and you can't reach this endpoint, and you are unable to see the boards in question in the web browser, then it seems that the Agile plugin has not started up in Jira.   If that happens, a restart of Jira might resolve this, but if not, you might have to look more closely at the $JIRAHOME/log/atlassian-jira.log file to see what is happening during the start up that might cause this behavior.

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2018

Hi Sidrit,

• Is this a Cloud or Server instance?
  • How are you running this REST command, e.g. curl, Postman, script, etc.?

What are the results if you run GET https://correct.domain.com/rest/agile/1.0/board?maxResults=50

Let me know the results and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer