Which one to select project type (Team managed or Company managed)

Adarsh Bm March 29, 2023

Hi,

I am creating all together a new project and I need someone assistance in helping me out in setting up things for smooth flow. I have confusion in selecting whether to select team managed project type or company managed project type. Kindly help.

Thanks,

Adarsh BM

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Adarsh Bm welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can find more info on this page and its sub-pages: Learn how company-managed and team-managed projects differ

My personal advice: Never use team-managed projects. At one point or another, you'll want to re-use fields, schemes or add more control, enable site-wide reporting etc.

I always select a company-managed project and disable the global permission to create team-managed projects completely.

I know that other people won't agree with me and I'm sure there will be use cases for team-managed projects, but as a Jira admin, I simply don't want it in the sites I manage.

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2023

+1

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events