Where to see my role?

Dan Knudsvig March 14, 2019

Where do I go to see what role I am assigned? I know I have Administrator assigned to me but need to know what type of Administrator it is. Thank you.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2019

@Dan Knudsvig 

You can see it in your profile. On the top right corner click on your avatar and select profile. You will see your Project roles : View project roles. You should be able to see your roles on each project.

Thanks,

Ravi

Shilpi Joshi September 2, 2020

@Dan Knudsvig 

I cannot see this "View project roles" option

Like # people like this
Muhammad Imran September 2, 2020

i can not see too. Why this answer is accepted.?

Like # people like this
Karl Sebby October 7, 2020

This seems outdated now. I can't find it either.

Paulo January 24, 2021

can someone provide an answer please?

Like # people like this
2 votes
stsci February 1, 2021

You can only see your project roles IF you are a jira-administrator or whatever your org is using as the jira-administrator access. You do not require SYSTEM admin, but more than Project admin.

theo.bernier November 30, 2021

This is absolutely ridiculous. You spend 20 minutes trying to find out what your role is in order to know if you have enough rights to perform a certain action you've also spent 20 minutes searching the button for.
As a non-admin, the UX on Jira is poor as hell

Like # people like this
Kaiser Hjcovitz May 11, 2022

Agreed

Ben Hultin November 18, 2022

What was reasoning for hiding this info from the user? I really am not seeing any issues that could arise by letting non admins know they are not admins. 

Like Erik Hjertholm likes this
0 votes
kostiantyn_frolov February 20, 2020

Suggest an answer