Where do I configure workflow for a next-gen cloud project

Edward Moore December 17, 2018

Where do I configure workflow for a next-gen cloud project? I cant locate these settings anywhere...

I have looked in project settings, nothing. that just has details, people, issue types and features none of which say anything about workflow.

My project is a Kanban project and the first thing  I want to do is configure a new set of statuses so I can move issues from another (broken) project into this one.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2018

Hi @Edward Moore,

You can't configure the workflow currently.  It is in their roadmap though, you can see here from Eoin's comment 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/What-s-coming-soon-for-next-gen-projects-in-Jira-Software-Cloud/ba-p/894784

Edward Moore December 17, 2018

That's great thanks! especially for the quick reply. I have been pulling my hair out on this.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2018

It will be interesting to see if editable workflows will be added. If they are, IMO, that will be a bad thing for Jira Cloud. The more NG becomes like Classic the further it drifts from the goal of NG and then we end up with a confusing mess that Jira admins will have to deal with. 

Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2018

true, and that then begs the question, at what point is too much customization?  What does the user research say about where the line is drawn at before becoming overwhelming and as you said, "a confusing mess".

Will be interesting to see where they draw that line.

Suggest an answer