Where do I change the recovery email address? (Moron question probably, sorry)

RGelzer January 11, 2022

I'm new to Jira.   I made a mistake in the original set up, put in the wrong recovery email address.   I've been thru the various Settings menus, cannot find where to correct it.

Sorry to bother the community for such a simple question, thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Hi @RGelzer  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There is no "recovery email address" per se. What is it that you are trying to accomplish? 

RGelzer January 12, 2022

I recently mis-entered my password.    A message popped up offering the option to send a password re-set to my alternate (aka backup) email address.    Jira displayed the address and that is how I recognized it was wrong.    Where do I correct the alternate address so that if I have to use the re-set function it will send that to the correct address.

Hopefully that clarifies what I am "trying to accomplish".

R

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2022

Well, there's not really a "backup" email address. It's just the address assocated with that user. 

Are you using any SSO, like Atlassian Access or connected to Active Directory, etc.? Have any domains been verified? 

Do you have access to the email it is using?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events