Where did the "View all boards" option go?

Denise Rogers July 10, 2020

Starting on 7/9, the option to view all boards from the search field disappeared as did all of the other options to view all projects, filters, etc.  As an admin, I need easy access to the full list of all boards in my instance.  I'm in the new navigation so projects and filters are easily accessible.  I've been able to get to All Boards by first going to a board and clicking the dropdown next to the board name and then finding the link at the bottom of the list. Does anyone know a quicker way?  

3 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2020

Hi Denise,

I have added a link to the All boards list from the Switch To list (icon in new Top Nave to the far left).

Here is the link you can add to go to the list of boards:

https://YourDomain.atlassian.net/secure/ManageRapidViews.jspa?contains=Board

Just sub out your domain in the URL. 

Denise Rogers July 13, 2020

Thank you John!  That's very helpful.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2020

Great!

Elena Vladimirova August 4, 2020

This doesn't work for me anymore. What worked was:

https://YourDomain.atlassian.net/jira/boards?contains=

Alternatively, go to Search box, click on it and click on Boards on the bottom. A bit ridiculous.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2020

Hey @Daniel Eads  - It's gone again. Any thoughts?

Henry Lee December 16, 2020

Elena's link was what worked for me. 

maksym August 29, 2021

Thanks Elena, it works))

ITOps2 April 19, 2022

Thank you so much, John!

1 vote
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2020

Hi Denise,

Following feedback provided in Jira and through Community, the links were re-instated into the search menu. Our product manager in charge of the search platform has more details on this Community post if you're interested.

Thanks for providing feedback, it really does help inform decisions as we continue improving the Jira Cloud experience!

Cheers,
Daniel

Brooke Ford December 9, 2020

Honestly this is a terrible idea. First of all consider the size of people's laptops and/or monitors...clicking into search I can only scroll down so far and the end is blocked whenever Atlassian has a banner notification at the top. If someone doesn't know enough to close the banner, they can't see the place in the bottom of the "search" where you can select boards. Why make it so hard for people? I mean really! It's super frustrating. 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2020

Hello @Denise Rogers , I understand your concern. This is part of new navigation changes:

Boards in the new Jira experience 

"Locations for boards

To simplify this change, we have automatically moved your boards into their most relevant project.

If you own boards independent of projects, we have moved them into a new Your boards page. To find these boards, select your avatar and choose Your boards.

To change a board's location:

1. From the board, choose ••• > Board settings.
  2. Under General, select the Location field and choose a new location.

When you create a new board, you can choose a project as its location or make it a personal board. "

You can add a comment on this post so someone from atlassian team can better help you!

Denise Rogers July 13, 2020

I am the system admin.  I shouldn't have to search through every project individually to find boards.  We have a lot of boards so I need a single list.  This change in the new nav is really disappointing.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2020

I would encourage you to add comments here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-73180

Like Denise Rogers likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS