Where can I find the board settings

Leonardo Perez-Picasso September 15, 2018

In this page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-estimation-and-tracking-764478030.html

You will find 

1. Go to your board, then select more (•••) > Board settings. 

But the only option showing is "Manage Rules"

Where did the Board settings go?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user September 16, 2018

Hi @Leonardo Perez-Picasso,

If you can only see the Manage Rules option then you are using an Agility board. You would need to use a different board type such as Scrum or Kanban since Agility boards are a simplified board type with much of the board settings removed. 

my suggestion would be to create a new board type to have access to more board settings.

hope this helps

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2018

I think you may want/need to create an entirely new project as Agility behaviors and limitations are not limited to the board itself. It really depends on what you want to accomplish within the project. The fact that you cannot change an Agility project to another format, e.g. scrum or business is telling.

Like Simon Brüning likes this
Liz_Pat October 5, 2018

Can you share any more details on this? I have not had any luck with three projects created so far -- none has "Board Options" available. 

Like David Benoit likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2018

As Jack suggests, I think you're creating "agility" boards, which don't have config. 

Sandis_Kājiņš February 6, 2020

Hi, we are using Jira Software project with Kanban board, but still there are no Board settngs available. Tried Scrum, the same. Anyone got this working? 

Regarding Agility boards - when creating new project, there are only 2 schemas available - Scrum and Kanban. 

EDIT:

When creating new project, there are 2 possibilities: Simply Project or Nex-gen Software Project. When choose Simply Project, there are Board settings, but for nex-gen projects there are not. 

Like # people like this
Lucy Villaceran November 4, 2020

I was working on my board the whole day and by night time the board settings went missing. What is happening guys.

Amin Mohammad Zahedi December 4, 2021

Hi @Jack Brickey 

I would like to change the estimation statistics to hours. but i cannot find board settings.

mentioning that i have a scrum board.

Could you please assist on this?

Like Hadi Hormozi likes this
1 vote
Amin Mohammad Zahedi December 4, 2021

Hi @Jack Brickey 

I would like to change the estimation statistics to hours. but i cannot find it any where.

There is ‘manage workflow’ and "configure board" (which do not include "estimation statistics"). in the settings i have here for my board only settings for "Columns and statuses" is displayed.

mentioning that i have a scrum board.

Could you please assist on this?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2021

please share image of you board/screen.

0 votes
Lisa Bille-Kavoura February 21, 2023

were can I see what kind of board I have? when I click on the 3 dots I see
Manage Workflow
Manage custom filters
Configure board

but when I Click on "Configure board" I don't see "Card layout" - so how can I ad the due date to the card on the board

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2023

Hi @Lisa Bille-Kavoura , that is a team managed project board. To the best of my knowledge you cannot yet edit the card layout on the boards in TMP. I have not attempted lately but will give it a try if I find different what report back here.

Suggest an answer