When will the agile wallboard gadget be retired? What can be the workaround?

Vincenzo Altimari June 24, 2021

Capture.PNG

Hello everyone, 

Yesterday while looking at some dashboard I noticed that the agile wallboard is being dismissed on the cloud (see the screenshot). 

Now I'm trying to gather information on the dismission date but I cannot find any information around the internet. I've looked also in the blog post for changes (https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog) but I don't see anything referring to it.

We used this gadget as information radiator through some monitor in the company and we would like to understand when the change will take place and if there are any known workaround (for instance some add on that replicate that gadget). 

Hope some of you can help me understand better the situation.  

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vincenzo Altimari June 30, 2021

As suggested from @Bill Sheboy I've reached Atlassian support which told me that they didn't know about the dismission and that was needed for them to contact the development team. 

Today I've received news form them after the dev reply and the retirement date is the 14 of July (so less than one month since the message appeared).

They gave some reason for that choice which are related to the performance, the fact that this gadget uses an old technology and the fact that the same information is available in other places. 

I'm actually thinking on where the same information is located to see all the task for all the team member like the actual gadget. Does anyone have any idea of where it could be? 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2021

Hi @Vincenzo Altimari 

The Agile Wallboard gadget is a view of a board with a selected Quick Filter (or all issues when a team-managed project board is selected).

So the equivalent would be to look at the board with the filter.  To replace this on a dashboard, the next closest built-in thing is probably the two-dimensional filter statistics gadget.  (Or, to purchase a replacement from the marketplace. )

__Bill

Like Sharon likes this
3 votes
patricksiemen June 24, 2021

+1

we're using wallboards company-wide and don't want to miss them. Will there be a replacement feature or will this just straight be removed?

Bill Bill July 25, 2021

You're expecting an answer from Atlassian?

All the great minds that made that wonderful product either left or went insane.  They don't care about you anymore.

Like patricksiemen likes this
2 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2021

Hi @Vincenzo Altimari 

I do not see that change on the public roadmap: https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/cloud?

But...that isn't necessarily helpful as information about dashboard gadget changes seems to lack transparency, in my opinion.  I suggest that if you are on a paid license that you ask your site admin to submit a support ticket for this question, and then post what you learn back here:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Best regards,

Bill

Eoghan Murphy June 27, 2021

Unless removing useful functionality is one of the ways they're intending to "improve performance".... This roadmap item is slated for Q3-Q4

Faster Jira Software experience - Jira Software

Continued performance improvements across Jira Software boards, dashboards, viewing and searching issues

Like # people like this
1 vote
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2021

Hi all,

Our Great Gadgets app for Jira Cloud now offers a Team Wallboard Gadget, which can be an excellent replacement. Supports Kanban, Scrum, next-gen, quick filters, estimation of any type. 

WallboardGadget.png

For more questions or suggestions: support@stonikbyte.com. 

Danut.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2021

Hi @Danut M _StonikByte_ 

What drives the card color for that gadget?

Thanks,
Bill

Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

The card color is given by the hierarchy of the issue (Epic > Story > Sub-task):

- Epics - purple color

- Stories & Tasks - green color

- Sub-Tasks - yellow color

Danut.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Greg Skerman August 22, 2022

But no swimlanes? Is that correct?

Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2022

@Greg Skerman Swimlanes were recently added. 

1 vote
Aldair Hoepers June 24, 2021

This message is also appearing for me and I'm also worried because we also use it here at the company.
Will there be another option?

Matias Drudi September 9, 2021

+1 with Aldair's question

0 votes
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 1, 2021

Hi @Vincenzo Altimari

We provide a commercial alternative to create wallboards with Dashboard Hub for Jira. Check these examples, you can switch to full screen, dark mode...

ITSM dashboard,

Agile Team dashboard 

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer