When we @mention someone in the comments, it used to send them and email.

Steve Elgan January 28, 2021

When we @mention someone in the comments, it used to send them an email notifying them of a status update on the ticket..  That feature seems to be broken or turned off now.  Can you assist us in returning it to how it was.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

Hi @Steve Elgan 

Users can manage their own notification settings (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-your-jira-personal-settings/)

There are four options that can be changed by the user so it's worth asking them to check they have the fourth box (mentioned) checked, otherwise they won't receive an email when you @ them.

If that is not the cause of the problem, you could use the notification helper (Settings > System > Notification Helper) to check the user and issue to see why they aren't getting notifications when @d

Bill Glynn March 5, 2021

I have a similar issue, and I've tried everything I can think of and advice from other similar Q&A, but at least 2 people don't receive emails when directly mentioned in a comment on an issue via card. I created an automation to automatically add everyone to every newly created card. The automation works, but they don't get email via direct mention. I added the jira-software-users group to the issue comment event, and that is recognized, but that didn't fix it. I looked up both users via notification helper, it says they should get them, but they don't. Both users have verified that their personal notification preferences are all checked as on, but that didn't change anything. We are using jira cloud.

Can you help?

Suggest an answer