When release a version, send slack message with all linked issues with release version

Kunal April 10, 2023

I am not able to get all linked issues with the release version. Only getting release version

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 12.34.59 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 12.36.17 AM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2023

Hi @Kunal -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The release is used by the issues, and so it does not contain the list of them.

To create your release message, try using the Lookup Issues action, with JQL to get the issues, and then you can reference them in the email (as shown in the help: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-automation-actions/#Lookup-issues

The changes to your rule would be (bolded below):

• trigger: version released
  • action: lookup issues with JQL such as project = myProjectName AND fixVersion = {{version.id}}
  • action: send Slack message, changing this to reference the {{lookupIssues}} smart value 

Kind regards,
Bill

Kunal April 10, 2023

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

Thanks but I don't your answer helps here. I don't want it in an email.

Is there any way I can configure the list of tasks / stories / bugs in slack message when admin clicks on release button?

As of now I am only getting link.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2023

Have you tried to use the Lookup Issues action that I suggested?  Have you tried to reference the lookup results in the Slack message?

With those, you can find and list the items which are in the release.  That can be provided in a Slack message, email, etc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events