When incoming emails contain pipes, they are not rendered nicely

danny_lake December 18, 2019

When an incoming email to Service Desk contains the pipe character | , the rich text display/editor in the Portal and in Service Desk renders it incorrectly. This seems to only happen when the pipe is styled, example with a colour: 

<span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:#BFBFBF;mso-fareast-language:EN-CA'>|</span>

The above was from Outlook, however using a styled pipe in gmail produced the same result, see screenshot. The block areas are actually styled pipes. The pipes that are displaying correctly are not styled.

Does anyone know a way around this? I can't control what my customers send in via email, and pipes are common in my customer's email signatures.

pipes.png

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2019

Hello Danny,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Thank you for reporting this issue to us. I was able to replicate the same behavior on my test site and this issue only happens when using the new issue view where the renderer is different from the old view.

Based on that, I created a Bug for our Dev team to check:

Please, click on "This affects my team" and also watch the bug to receive updates.

Regards,
Angélica

danny_lake January 6, 2020

Thanks Angelica!

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer