Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

When changing the font color in a Jira card, it doesn't translate into the backlog view

Edited

When I change the font color within a Jira card, it doesn't show up in my backlog...when I add the field to the card layout view,  EX:  I selected a blue color and when the backlog preview shows up, it lists " *{color:#4c9aff}."  

I did not have this problem with Data Center - it just happened when we migrated to the Cloud.

1 answer

Hi @Kamor_ Hollee C_ -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Which field are you showing in the backlog that has the font with the color?

I just tried this with the Description field on a company-managed project and was able to see the font color in the backlog view.

Kind regards,
Bill

Hi @Bill Sheboy Thank you for responding!  Using the Acceptance Criteria field.  I did try the description field and that works properly... just not the AC field.  I have also tried to create new Jira cards to see if the error happened during migration, but still no luck.

Acceptance Criteria sounds like a custom field your admin added (or from an addon tool).  What type of field is Acceptance Criteria, and when you edit the field in issue view do the colors you set display correctly?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

15,019 views 37 49
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you