When I change a task's status to complete, it effects the status of another project

Pasan Akalanka Pathirana October 25, 2018

I have created separate projects for iOS and android versions of a mobile application development project. I have copied tasks from one project to the other for sprints since same tasks will be repeating for both developers. But now when I change the status of a task in a project sprint in one Project, the same change is occurring to the same task in the other project. How can I avoid this. Please help. Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2018

Hello,

Boards do not contain issues. Boards just represent issues from projects. That is why if you modify an issue from a project on one board, it will change on the other board. One issue can have only one status in a certain time.

Pasan Akalanka Pathirana October 25, 2018

So if I create separate boards for two projects, will it solve my problem? Thank you very much for your attention.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2018

It will not solve your problem. Issues belong to a project, not to a board. As long as you choose issues from the same project, you will not be able to work with them as separate issues on different boards.

Suggest an answer