Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Whats the specific purpose of JIRA software? And how can it benefit users regarding business tasks?

I want to know the specific purpose of this software so that I can utilize it for my academic and corporate purpose.

1 answer

0 votes

hello @RAFSAN BIN SHAHIN 

Welcome to the community.

At its core Jira is a work/task tracking tool. You create "issues" in Jira to represent your tasks. You can design "workflows" that describe the states the tasks move through. You can set an Assignee for the task to identify who is responsible for the work.

Jira can support business processes, development processes, and customer support processes with its three products - Jira Work Management, Jira Software, and Jira Service Management.

There are many specific features to Jira to support the above, and Jira is very configurable to meet your needs. Additionally there is an active Marketplace where third parties have developed apps that add to the features of Jira.

If you want more detail, I suggest that you look for videos on YouTube, explore the training materials at Atlassian University, or potentially engage with an Atlassian Solution Partner to explore your specific needs.

(Disclosure: I work for an Atlassian Platinum Solution Partner.)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events