What version of Service Desk has the old automation engine?

Marc Isikoff August 29, 2022

We did a cloud migration of Service Desk and JIRA in general and all of the automations that we had a gone.

In Jira there's no option for automations listed

In Service Desk it's back up to the 2nd block of Project Settings beginning with Request Type.

But our version of software did not change so something reverted automation to an older engine.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

Hello @Marc Isikoff 

What migration method did you use to migrate your Jira Service Desk projects to Jira Service Management Cloud?

I'm not sure if I understand the problem you are encountering.

Are you saying that in Jira Service Management Cloud you don't see any of the automations that you had in Jira Service Desk Server?

Can you provide some screen images to help us understand your problem?

Marc Isikoff August 30, 2022

Unknown migration method.

The issue we're having is that migrating to the cloud our automation became legacy automation whereas we used to have the more robust automation that could be used for JQL accessing {{issue.field}}.

That is why our existing (modern) automations went away completely and the automations we can do now are restricted to legacy.

I cannot provide screen shots due to policy.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

Hello @Marc Isikoff 

Let me try to echo back what I think you have said.

You executed some method to migrate Jira Service Desk projects from an on-premise solution to Jira Service Management Cloud. The exact migration method is unknown.

For those projects that were migrated, in your Jira Service Management Cloud instance the Automation feature is showing only the Legacy Automation feature set.

You had some sort of more advanced Automation option available in the Jira Service Desk projects on-premise, and those features are not available in the projects that have migrated to Cloud.

These are points that I am unclear about.

What your Jira Service Desk data migrated to an existing Jira Service Management Cloud project that already had data and automation, or was the data migrated to a new Cloud project?

Have other Jira Service Management Cloud projects been affected? If so, in what manner?

Have the Jira Service Desk projects in your on-premise instance been affected? If so, in what manner?

What version of on-premise Jira Service Desk have you been using?

Did you have any apps installed to enhance the Automation capabilities for your on-premise instance?

We never moved to JIRA Service Management; we moved from on-prem JSD to cloud hosted JSD.

I have checked around and the rollback from enhanced Automations (that can use JQL) vs Legacy automations is rampant.

We were on 8.13.9 before and after the migration.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2022

Jira Service Management is the product name for JSD in the Cloud.

I have not gone through a Service Desk on-prem to Cloud migration. Can you provide links to the references you found that this roll back is rampant?

Have you tried contacting Atlassian Support directly? Did you have a support case open with them to support your migration efforts?

Thanks for the clarifications.

I had no hand in the migration to the cloud; that was done by our IT staff and I've raised an issue internally as well but was posting here to see what might be the issue.

I have concluded our automation is out-of-the-box Legacy automation however.

Suggest an answer