What's the query for days in column?

Tim Kelly
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 30, 2019

I'm trying to figure out how to replicate the functionality that we see when we place our cursor over the dots on a card and the alt text shows us "x days in column". I'm guessing there is some sort of JQL query that's calculating this and not something as simple as a field that can be queried. Any ideas?

JiraField_DaysInColumn.png

2 answers

0 votes
Jonas Bang Christensen January 31, 2024

Try to see my answer here, does that solve the problem:

JQL query to show "days in column" for issues (atlassian.com)

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2019

Hello,

You would need to write your own custom field for it.

Tim Kelly
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 30, 2019

I'm looking for the query that is used to calculate the days in column.

This way, I can use the same logic to build a report in a third party dashboard tool. I'm just not sure how they are coming up with that information in the first place, it's there somewhere though.

Like erica.sikorski likes this
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2019

You can read more info about the days in column field here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-releases/jira-agile-release-notes/jira-agile-6-6-release-notes/jira-agile-6-6-11-release-notes?_ga=2.65230574.1513002746.1547637396-1149622764.1547637396#JIRAAgile6.6.11ReleaseNotes-

If you need more info, you would need to look in the source code of Jira Software. But it is not available.

Like # people like this
Alex James
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
May 13, 2019

I can confirm Alexey is correct.  Need to incorporate this field into out of the box cloud instance for reporting purposes. 

Like # people like this
K Akshay Hegde June 27, 2022

@Tim Kelly   Did you find the solution for this?.. Even i am stuck with the same problem.

Like Ahmed Diaa likes this
Sebastian Castillo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 26, 2023

I'm also looking for a JQL way to pull the data, but I have only found plugins so far.

I believe it needs to be a way to do it. 

Like erica.sikorski likes this
Jonas Bang Christensen January 31, 2024

Hi @Sebastian Castillo 

Try to see my answer here, does that solve your problem:

JQL query to show "days in column" for issues (atlassian.com)

Suggest an answer