What is the sprint footer

Florian Minterbauer April 15, 2021

Hello all,

maybe a bit strange question, but what please is the sprint footer.I know how to start a sprint, add issues etc., but I don't know where I come into contact with the sprint footer (a screenshot would be a dream).

Why do I ask?
I stumbled across the "sprint footer" during ACP-600.

This is where some questions came up for me:

1. Here It is written that to move the sprint footer I need  "Manage Sprints".

2. In the ACP-600 transcription it is wirtten that to move the sprint sprint footer I need to
"manage sprints", "schedule issues" and "edit issues".

3. Furthermore it says:
However, the Schedule Issues and Edit Issues permissions are not required to reorder/rank issues if you only move issues across the sprint footer without changing the order of the issues. What does this mean?

Could someone please enlighten me.

Thank you very much

Cheers

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

Hi @Florian Minterbauer , it is function which can help you to add issues to sprint from backlog easily, check the screenshot:

Selection_215.png

Florian Minterbauer April 16, 2021

Thank you for the Screenshot!

But I still do not get what this sentence means: "However, the Schedule Issues and Edit Issues permissions are not required to reorder/rank issues if you only move issues across the sprint footer without changing the order of the issues."

What does this mean?

How can I move Issues without changing the order of the issues?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2021

In Jira, "move issue" means changing the project or issue type (or both)

If you wish to re-rank or put due-dates on issues, you need the schedule permission.  You also need the edit permission if you wish to change data on issues.  The rank is data on an issue, so to rank stuff, you need edit prmission as well as schedule.

Like # people like this
Tereza Červinková September 29, 2022

@Florian Minterbauer I have just read the same page and had the same question.

Once knowing what sprint footer means, the meaning of this sentence is:

If you move the issues in backlog sprint footer up and down (or rank them), you don't need Schedule issue and Edit Issue Permissions. These issues are not yet in any sprint.

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2021

It's the line in the backlog that you can drag up and down over the issues ranked at the top of the backlog to define what is going into the sprint.

Suggest an answer