What is the rest api to determine the sprint duration for a project/board?

Meenal Khurana October 3, 2017

I want to know the sprint duration for a project/board via rest api. How can I identify the default sprint duration?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2017

Hi Meenal,

The REST API in Jira does have a method you can use to find out the start and end times for a sprint.  With this information you can then figure out the duration.  But the specific duration value is not something that can can be directly found in REST to the best of my knowledge.  The same goes for if you are looking to find the default duration value via rest.

But if you are looking for the start/stop times, please see the Jira Software Rest API reference: agile/1.0/sprint endpoint.  This just explains what REST endpoint you can call to find this information. 

That specific endpoint requires you to know the ID number of the sprint itself.   You can first find all the boards and their IDs in the endpoint agile/1.0/board.  From there you can use the ID of the board to query the endpoint agile/1.0/board/{boardId}/sprint.  That way you can enter the board ID in order to find out the sprint ID.   

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer