What is the relationship of Teams to Projects?

Phil Bustin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

I created workflows in the Sandbox, and for various reasons, limited them to one project (that project's workflow scheme).  This project happens to have the same name as a Team.

I was asked to add the workflows to other teams, but I don't know what projects those teams have used in the Sandbox, nor how to find any link between the teams and one or more projects.

Perhaps you can help me figure out what projects are linked to teams.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

Hi @Phil Bustin 

A project is nothing more than a collection/container of issues. The question when to create a new project and how to "categorize" can have different criteria:

• You can create a project for an actual project with a start and end date.
  • You can create a project for a product
  • You can create a project for a team (in that case the name of the project can be the name of the team)

A workflow can be a default workflow for all issue types in the project. You can also create a separate workflow depending on the issue type in the project.

Next to that, a workflow can be used in one or multiple projects, no matter the project type.

Workflow schemes allow you to define a single or multiple workflows in a scheme. A workflow scheme can be used for one or more project, that's the purpose of having a scheme.

Phil Bustin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

Thanks.  Your reply will be helpful.

Just before I saw your reply, I found 2 of the 3 projects, with the same name as the Teams.  A Dev Manager will help me find the 3rd project.

Like Dave Mathijs likes this
Phil Bustin
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2023

Well, I was able to add the workflows to two teams, but the third team > Add workflow > Existing, doesn't show the workflows in the drop-down list.  I tried adding the issue type schemes associated with the workflows to the global workflow scheme, but I still can't find the 3 workflows in [global scheme] > workflow schemes > add workflow.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events