What is the header called in JIRA?

Jen Niemann October 2, 2018

Looking for what the header field that contains the "name" of the ticket is called in JIRA so I can write a JQL quick filter that will isolate those items with a prefix of "Feature Request".

3 answers

4 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2018

Hi

Do you mean the summary ?

Is that the official name?

What would the JQL statement be for the following:

I want to filter my backlog to show only tickets with "feature request" in the summary field

Like Tiffany Becker likes this
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2018

summary ~ "feature request"

but I would rather go for an issue type "Feature request" instead of filtering a summary. You know, typos...

Best

JP

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2018

Your best option is to create an issue type of "feature request".  Putting a prefix in the summary is clumsy and inaccurate.

Jen Niemann October 3, 2018

How do you create an issue type?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2018

Admin -> Issues -> Issue type and use "add".  Once you've created it, you will also need to add it to the "issue type scheme" for the projects you want to use the new type in.

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2018

As Jan-Peter said if you want to filter it will be summary ~ "Feature request".

Maybe you can use wildcart(*) a the end of request if you need. More info here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/search-syntax-for-text-fields-765593720.html

Suggest an answer