What is the functionality of "People" in the menu?

gsvandr March 2, 2020

people.PNG

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2020

Hi @gsvandr

This actually looks to be the main navigation bar on the left-hand side.

The "People" section lists the users who have access to your platform and their user profiles.

You can form "Teams" from this screen if there are a group of users who work together. You can also add people, manage users and their access from this screen, depending on your user or administration level.

Ste

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marianne Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2020

you are seeing this as a Project Admin or site-admin.

The people section allows you to manage who has access to the project and also what level of access they have, which roles and groups they belong to, etc.

be very careful with this as you might restrict users who need access at some level.

is there something in particular you are trying to do?

0 votes
Pierre-Éric OUDIN April 16, 2021

Hello @Marianne Miller 

Do you know if it is normal that new jira software user can have access to any projects without beeing added to them ? I mean I have made a migration from portal only account to atlassian account of some of our colleagues, then they were able to browse inside some projects without being added to them specifically.

Moreover since it is aclassic  business project I have made aside the support project, the proposed roles in the business project on the people menu are only "administrator", Service desk Customer" "Service Desk Team".

I can notice that on a next gen project the people menu does not appear.

Cheers

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2021

Hi @Pierre-Éric OUDIN 

Sounds more like a permissions issue - you might need a more restrictive permission scheme so users cannot automatically see all projects.

See more on these Support pages:

Team-managed Projects are the new name for Next-Gen.

Ste

Like Pierre-Éric OUDIN likes this
Pierre-Éric OUDIN August 9, 2021

Suggest an answer