What is the difference between Jira Premium and Jira Regular incl advanced roadmaps?

Cor van Beek May 24, 2022

We work with Jira Basic. Want to upgrade to Jira Premium . In my old company the staff works with Jira Regular (V8.9.1) incl advanced roadmaps and looks like the dashboards I have seen in the short presentation of Jira Premium. What is the difference?

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

Hi @Cor van Beek  - Did Michael answer your question for you? 

0 votes
Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2022

Hi @Cor van Beek , welcome to the Community!

Subscription tiers (Standard, Premium, Enterprise) are exclusive to the Atlassian-Hosted versions of Jira. Jira Premium would look and feel similar to a self-hosted implementation of Jira with Advanced Roadmaps within the application, the main difference being that you don't have to worry about the configuration and maintenance of the architecture.

I would recommend poking around Google for Cloud vs. Data Center comparisons, many companies have written blogs on the differences. For the functionality within different Cloud tiers you can also check Atlassian's pricing and feature page.

Cor van Beek May 24, 2022

Okay Michael. Thanks. So the way screens and buttons are working is more or less the same if I compare Jira Premium and Jira Regular incl advanced roadmaps? We can hire a person who is used to Jira Regular and advanced roadmaps to explain and support us for the Jira Premium Trial. I want to be sure.

Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2022

They are very similar but do have some differences in both functionality and UI. Generally, consultants are familiar with both hosting options to a degree but I can't speak for the resource you're looking to hire.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events