What is the best way to test out a new app in the Cloud?

Anne Gallant June 15, 2021

Create a test cloud with the projects copied into it?

Create a copy of a project in the Cloud instance?   Not even sure this is possible.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

@Anne Gallant - have you tested out Jira apps before? If you're a Jira Cloud admin, you can just run a trial of the app in your Jira Cloud instance.

Of course, if you're working at a big company, make sure to get permission to do this first. There may be due diligence needed running a trial.

Anne Gallant June 15, 2021

I have tested out Jira apps in Jira Server before and we usually had a QA environment so we did not pollute the production data. I was trying to do a more isolated test in the Cloud Jira.  I am newer to cloud instances but have nearly 20 years Jira server admin experience.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

@Anne Gallant - if you upgrade your Cloud plan to Premium, you get access to Sandbox environments. They're good for testing configuration changes, but unsure how app testing works there.

Of course, like you suggested in your post, you can always spin up a free Cloud instance and try your Cloud instance there.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events