What is the best way to link Issues to Customers? we serve clients monthly proactively and on deman

Fede Serbin March 16, 2019

Hi.

We are a digital marketing agency and we have tasks that we do periodically and others that we do on demand.

Every task is done for a customer. So, my question is what is the best way to implement this relation?

We need to be able to:
- View reports by customers.
- Filter Issues by customer
- Create issues thoug RestAPI selecting customer
- Create customer thoug RestAPI

So far I have 2 options:
1) Custom field "Client" (combo select). But could not find how to use it in filters and the RestAPI option to add values to custom fields is not available
2) Atlas CRM: it cost $2,5 per user/month and dont have RestAPI available.

Any comment is wellcome,
Many thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2019

I would first consider using Components for your clients/customers. If you are already using Components for something else then add a new customer field. Last you could consider different projects per client but that isn’t ideal IMO.

Fede Serbin March 22, 2019

Thanks for the reply. I will investigate what components are and how should we implement them for this purpose. 

0 votes
Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2019

Maarten from Atlas CRM here. We don't have an API available at this moment, but this is something we plan on implementing.

Our efforts are currently going into a Server / Data Center version of Atlas CRM. An API for this version is high on our backlog, after which we want to make the API available on Cloud as well.

If you haven't done so already, feel free to contact us so we can let you know once the API is available.

Fede Serbin March 22, 2019

Thanks for the reply. 
Do you know when the API will be implemented in Cloud version? And on Server?
More detailed info would be better. Its a big step for the organization.

Suggest an answer