What is JIRA unique ID for on prem server instance

Girish Shenoy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2019

Hi,

I am trying to setup JIRA integration with Microsoft Teams. In the setup process, it is asking me for "Please enter a valid unique ID for Jira instance." I tried entering Server ID and it does not accept it. Could anyone please tell me what is unique id for JIRA.

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Girish Shenoy December 5, 2019

Documentation was not much detailed as a result it created confusion. Unique JIRA ID is generated by Microsoft Teams plugin installed in JIRA instance and it was not Server ID. wanted to update you all with an answer. Thank you.

Nicolas ARENA January 13, 2020

Hello, I have the same issue, but i can't find the number (microsoft teams plugin in Jira is installed) do you have a screenshot of the place i can find it ? 

Thank you 

Nicolas

Girish Shenoy January 13, 2020

Once the Microsoft Teams plugin for JIRA server is installed. click on configure and you will be redirected to a page. scroll down to find it on the screen.

image.png

Like # people like this
Prasad Andrews April 21, 2020

Hi @Girish Shenoy @Girish Shenoy 

I am working to integrate SSO for our JIRA Server with Microsoft Azure Active Directory single sign-on for JIRA.

Could you please let me know where to get Identifier (Entity ID) and Relay URL means need to give Jira URL am correct? Please help me to complete the setup

From where do we get the Entity ID?

Capture.JPG

Girish Shenoy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2020

Hi Prasad,

Please follow article below that has details that you are looking for.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/active-directory/saas-apps/jiramicrosoft-tutorial 

Prasad Andrews April 22, 2020

Hi @Girish Shenoy @Girish Shenoy 

Yes, I followed the same URL. But throwing the below error

The attached XML file doesn’t have the proper information to upload and it is getting failing.
Please note that the below information is mandatory to upload the XML file to configure the SSO.

Entity ID : Mandatory --> Where can we get the Entity ID?
Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL) : Mandatory

Prasad Andrews April 22, 2020

Capture1.JPG

Girish Shenoy
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2020

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/What-is-my-unique-ID/qaq-p/774899

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/saas-apps/atlassian-cloud-tutorial

Please try above links and let me know if this is useful. I dont have an Azure AD setup and hence cannot provide you detailed screenshots.

3 votes
Pablo Grande July 8, 2020

I can't find configuration button, could you please give me where can I find it?

jira configuration button missing.png

1 vote
Damian Wodzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

Jira ID is a unique identifier that is generated after Jira app (add-on) installation. If Microsoft Teams for Jira app (add-on) is installed in your Jira and you have the administrator permissions, you can see the Jira ID at the bottom of the configuration page in Jira. In case you don’t have administrator permissions, please contact your Jira administrator to provide you with the Jira ID from the add-on configuration page.

Suggest an answer