What are the steps I need to perform in order to create a Jira issue by a REST end point?

Raj Learn November 24, 2020

I am trying out with "{{url}}/secure/QuickCreateIssue.jspa?decorator=none" API call and I'm getting 200 response without even passing any kind of Auth params but, I am not getting desired output,

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 24, 2020
0 votes
Answer accepted
Eric Lemay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2020

Hi Raj, 

That looks more like the URL for the standard Create Screen.  You'll want to POST the data to the {baseUrl}/rest/api/3/issue URL instead.  The 200 response you're getting is probably just a successful page load for the create screen you're going to.

You'll find the relevant REST urls here https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issues/#api-group-issues

Raj Learn November 25, 2020

Thanks Eric, that really helps.

I have created Jira successfuly but I think "v3" create issue API has bug in URL custom field.

{ 
errorMessages: [],
errors: { customfield_10021: 'Not a valid URL' }
}

Getting above error.

Any idea on this! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL