What are Teams in Jira Software for? And how can i use them?

Andreas Gehrmann February 7, 2020

Hello,

my wife recently started using Jira Software Cloud in her company. I try to support her in this, since I already know a little bit about Jira.

She has now found the function "Teams" and wants to use this function. She would like to create teams (which has worked so far) and assign tasks to these teams. Someone in the team, who is responsible for this, will then process the task.

We could create a team, but assigning tasks does not work. I have assigned the field to the necessary masks, this is also shown in the respective task, but when I want to assign a team, I get the message: "Plan-specific teams can only be selected via a portfolio plan". If I understood this correctly, "Portfolio" is again a paid addon for Jira. Unfortunately the budget does not allow for another addon for the time being. I don't want to add a plan-specific team, but the team I created before. Unfortunately this is not shown, even if I type in the chosen name.

Does the team field only work with "Portfolio"? If so, why do teams and the team field exist in Jira's default? That would be very misleading.

Or is there a way to use these teams as hoped?

I would be very grateful for an answer.

Many greetings
Andreas

2 answers

2 votes
Ian Day February 25, 2021

I would also be interested in this answer too.  When trying to assign a team to an issue I get the error even though I have created the team.

Any help greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

capture1.png

I have the exact same issue!

Alex Abraham July 25, 2021

The same with me. Looks as 'not implemented' feature

0 votes
MiraGIP June 14, 2022

Looks like a still ongoing, known issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPOSERVER-2067

Suggest an answer