• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Webrequest Custom data not enabled Edited

Hi,

I'm trying to set up an automation rule for setting up webhook to post to slack. I want to send custom data to the webhook url, but the option for custom data is disabled (greyed out). Can someone please help me here

Thanks in advancecustom webhook.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Nov 30, 2020

Hey Joshua, welcome to the Community!

There's actually a separate action in the actions list for sending a Slack message, and using the webhook URL you've already got: 

image.png

With this action, you can create your own message and include data from the issue / actors on the issue using smart values. You can also override which channel the message goes to (as each webhook for Slack has a default channel / DM it sends to). More information is available in the documents for this Automation action if you need it, but happy to answer questions as well.

TLDR: You'll want to use the Send Slack message action in Automation instead of "Send web request".

Cheers,
Daniel

Hi Daniel

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I tried through that and its working fine. But in my case I want to send payload data for some stuffs. Thats one of the reason I switched to this option. So is there a way for that. Keeping aside those things. For me generally this Custom data in webrequest is disabled even if I use webhooks for Jenkins too. Any idea about that ? 

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Dec 02, 2020

Yes - generally you should be able to do that. On Monday we had a short-lived bug where the HTML was simply not allowing the custom data field to be edited. That's now resolved and any rules you need custom webhook bodies for should be all set!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Presenting the "Best of 2020" Jira Software roundup!

Catch up with Atlassian Product Managers in our 2020 Demo Den round-up! From Advanced Roadmaps to Code in Jira to Next-Gen Workflows, check out the videos below to help up-level your work in the new ...

7,184 views 8 28
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you