Webrequest Custom data not enabled

Joshua Praveen Kumar November 30, 2020

Hi,

I'm trying to set up an automation rule for setting up webhook to post to slack. I want to send custom data to the webhook url, but the option for custom data is disabled (greyed out). Can someone please help me here

Thanks in advancecustom webhook.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2020

Hey Joshua, welcome to the Community!

There's actually a separate action in the actions list for sending a Slack message, and using the webhook URL you've already got: 

image.png

With this action, you can create your own message and include data from the issue / actors on the issue using smart values. You can also override which channel the message goes to (as each webhook for Slack has a default channel / DM it sends to). More information is available in the documents for this Automation action if you need it, but happy to answer questions as well.

TLDR: You'll want to use the Send Slack message action in Automation instead of "Send web request".

Cheers,
Daniel

Joshua Praveen Kumar November 30, 2020

Hi Daniel

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I tried through that and its working fine. But in my case I want to send payload data for some stuffs. Thats one of the reason I switched to this option. So is there a way for that. Keeping aside those things. For me generally this Custom data in webrequest is disabled even if I use webhooks for Jenkins too. Any idea about that ? 

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 2, 2020

Yes - generally you should be able to do that. On Monday we had a short-lived bug where the HTML was simply not allowing the custom data field to be edited. That's now resolved and any rules you need custom webhook bodies for should be all set!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events