Webhooks adjustment

Daniel Davkovski July 6, 2021

We use webhooks for our HappyFox - Jira integration. 

Problem we have is as I configured this, anytime a comment gets posted or even a ticket created via HappyFox - it's being posted/created through my name. 

How do I change the person that will act as the default reporter/comment posted from on this? 

4 answers

0 votes
aamorris May 22, 2023

We had the same issue as above. After not finding a solution here, we discovered how to fix this.

The initial setup was done using the guide linked by @Lado : https://support.happyfox.com/kb/article/718-configure-jira-app-in-happyfox/

1. Create a generic HappyFox agent

2. Create a generic Jira User (ensure administrator rights are given)

3. Ensure you are logged into these generic accounts IN BOTH SYSTEMS.

4. In HappyFox, go to Apps -> Jira

5. click "Manage"

6. Where it says "You are now connected to your JIRA account" click "(change)"

7. Change the JIRA Server URL to the same URL, but with different capitalization. For example, if your URL starts with "https://...." change this to "HTTPS://...."

8. Click "Save", then click "Allow" to allow permission for the link.

You should now be good to go! All previously linked tickets should still be linked.

0 votes
Holly Oakes January 19, 2023

Any updates on this issue? We have the same problem, and it causes a lot of confusion. 

0 votes
Lado February 7, 2022

We have the same problem and unfortunately, the suggested workaround does not work.

We followed the standard integration setup as described in the link below.
This calls for a new Application to be created in Jira.

So the question is how to configure the application as such that it will use a generic user

https://support.happyfox.com/kb/article/718-configure-jira-app-in-happyfox/

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2021

Hi @Daniel Davkovski ,

Webhooks just sends the payload in JSON format. I believe that you may be using the JSON payload with restapi to create issues in JIRA via HappyFox. It would be creating issues with the authentication provided in the create issue call. You may need to append reporter field with the value in the JSON or use a PUT method followed by issue creation.

"reporter" : {"name":"username"},

Hi @Niranjan 

thanks for assisting. We are using Cloud on both Jira and HF. Where would I do this and how? 

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2021

@Daniel Davkovski - It depends on how have you integrated JIRA and HappyFox. If you are using a commercial third party plugin, you may need to check with them . If it is an in-house development, check with the developers who have worked on the integration. They may need to tweak the code , a little to update/set reporter field.

I connected it via the Application Links. 

Nothing in there that will enable me to change the JSON. or I am maybe looking at it at the wrong spot? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events