Webhook

gouris September 19, 2022

I have created a webhook for Sprint Start event. I started one sprint. Where will I find the information about if the webhook was trigger and if triggered where will I get the response for it?

Gouri S

1 answer

0 votes
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

Hi @gouris 

Could you please explain what you are trying to achieve from a use case perspective as well as how far you´ve come/what you created so far?

Best
Stefan

gouris September 21, 2022

Hello @Stefan Salzl 

I need to create integration between a ticket management system and Jira. When the sprint starts in Jira, I want to send the list of issues which are part of the sprint. This list I want to send to the ticket management system and take action further.

I started first by creating an automation rule but as my Jira is in cloud and the other services are on prem (where the machine is not exposed to internet) this option is not possible. Then I created a webhook. 

Now when the webhook gets triggered where will I be able to find the information it will have. I have provided the option that I want to receive JSON.

Thanks,

Gouri S

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

Could you please share a screenshot of your automation rule? I´m not quite sure if we are on the same page and if we are talking about a webhook (which in jira automation is a trigger) - it´s a call from outside that would trigger the rule to run. sending a webRequest (which is an action) which sends a call out of jira.

Best
Stefan

gouris September 25, 2022

I am not using automation rule but using webhook.  it looks as follows
webhook.png

When the webhook gets triggered automatically (when sprint starts) where will I get the data it sends?

Reg,

Gouri S

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2022

Hi @gouris ,
all the information (JSON) of your created webhook will be sent to the URL defined in the "URL" field of your webhook. So as I got your requirement right this would be the api of your destination ticket system.

For testing purpose there are several possibilities of API listeners to fetch data of your webhook:

eg:

https://requestbin.com/
https://www.postman.com/

see detailed description here

Best
Stefan

gouris September 27, 2022

Hello @Stefan Salzl ,

Thanks for your answer. Actually I tried using Postman with my webhook but I did not get any response. Will follow the link you have specified and try again.

Thanks

Gouri S

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2022

@gouris 

Your webhook needs to be configured to call the URL provided by the test tool.

Could you show your webhook config again?

personally i tested with https://webhook.site

When opening the site it provides you with a listener url (see screenshot) that needs to be filled in the url field of your webhook:

image.png

Best
Stefan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders