Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

I have created a webhook for Sprint Start event. I started one sprint. Where will I find the information about if the webhook was trigger and if triggered where will I get the response for it?

Gouri S

1 answer

0 votes
Stefan Salzl Community Leader Sep 20, 2022

Hi @gouris 

Could you please explain what you are trying to achieve from a use case perspective as well as how far you´ve come/what you created so far?

Best
Stefan

Hello @Stefan Salzl 

I need to create integration between a ticket management system and Jira. When the sprint starts in Jira, I want to send the list of issues which are part of the sprint. This list I want to send to the ticket management system and take action further.

I started first by creating an automation rule but as my Jira is in cloud and the other services are on prem (where the machine is not exposed to internet) this option is not possible. Then I created a webhook. 

Now when the webhook gets triggered where will I be able to find the information it will have. I have provided the option that I want to receive JSON.

Thanks,

Gouri S

Stefan Salzl Community Leader Sep 22, 2022

Could you please share a screenshot of your automation rule? I´m not quite sure if we are on the same page and if we are talking about a webhook (which in jira automation is a trigger) - it´s a call from outside that would trigger the rule to run. sending a webRequest (which is an action) which sends a call out of jira.

Best
Stefan

I am not using automation rule but using webhook.  it looks as follows
webhook.png

When the webhook gets triggered automatically (when sprint starts) where will I get the data it sends?

Reg,

Gouri S

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

5,048 views 18 32
Read article

Atlassian Community Events