Webhook data in Description field not rendering html

Gary Spross
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2023

I'm trying to figure out why the html that is being sent via the webhook is not being rendered as html within the Description field.

We are using a webhook to create issues. The webhook data provides the Summary, Description, and a label. The Description is sent as html. Example:

<html><body><p>This is the first part of the description.</p><p>This is a sample of how the second part will look</p></body></html>

This is how the Description field looks when the issue is created:

Screenshot 2023-05-16 114523.png

The automation rule is setup as follows:

Screenshot 2023-05-16 114643.png

I've tried adding ".html" within the "{{webhookData.description}} smart value, but that just causes the description to be blank when the issue is created.

I've confirmed that the field configuration used by the project where the issue is being created and the associated issue type has the Description field configured to render as: "Wiki Style Renderer".

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Oliver Siebenmarck _Polymetis Apps_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2023

Hi @Gary Spross ,

If I remember correctly, you cannot use HTML on the description, only plain text. The documentation unfortunately seems to back me up here.

Best regards,
 Oliver

Gary Spross
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2023

Interesting... I thought the Wiki renderer allowed for html. Thanks for the response. I'll figure something out.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events