Way to link multiple projects into one board without affecting sprints

Kyle Fishel April 15, 2021

I am trying to show multiple Jira projects in a single combined board view so we can share the epics amongst them.

The issue I am having is that every time I create and add the query to the new consolidated board it breaks every project's individual sprint board and replaces it with a sprint from one of the projects in the query.

Is this a board permissions issue or something else that I'm not understanding?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

Can you provide more specific details on exactly what sort of change you are making in the consolidated board, and the impact that is having on the individual boards, perhaps with some screen images?

My main goal here is to see all tickets from a specific JQL query in one place with all the related epics. I did this by creating a query and new board based on this new query. When I did that everything showed up on the new board as expected but all of the sprints in the other projects stopped showing and showed the same sprint across all of them.

Example:

My JQL is similar to this: project in (DN, RS, VR, GE) AND labels in (test, testing) ORDER BY Rank ASC

It pulled everything in that I wanted but DN, RS, VR, GE projects all now shared the DN sprint on their sprint boards.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

Did you change the filters on the boards associated with the individual projects?

Did issues from one project get added to the sprint(s) belonging to other projects?

A sprint will show up in a board if either of these conditions is met:

1. The sprint was created in that board.

2. The sprint includes an issue that is within the scope/filter of the board, even if the sprint was created in another board.

If you are making changes to the consolidated board's filter, but are not otherwise modify the sprints, sprint contents, or individual project's board, then the individual project's boards should not be changing.

What sort of filter do you have set on the individual projects' boards?

I'm just using: project = "Test" ORDER BY Rank ASC so it shouldn't be pulling anything else outside of that project.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2021

Can you possibly provide some before and after screen images showing how the individual project(s)' boards are changing?

Suggest an answer